5 best hidden features of smartphones that no one will tell you
In this techie world, where we surrounded by technology/smartphones, only a few peoples are out there who knows all the fascinating things about smartphones. Probably we are not one from them, but still, through this article, we’ve shared 5 best-hidden features of smartphones that probably no one will tell you and probably you don’t know about those features. So without any further ado, let’s start the list of 5 best-hidden features of smartphones.
5 best hidden features of smartphones.
Get notifications back:
One of the most common problems that we all faced once while using a smartphone when we mistakenly delete all the notifications from notification panel and then realize that some of them are important.
In that scenario, you can use a notification log to see the notification history.
To activate follow below steps:
- Long-tap an empty space on your Android home screen and tap Widgets.
- Find the Settings shortcut widget by swiping left and place it on the home screen.
- The settings shortcut will then open a menu from which you can select the Notification log.
- Just tap on it and a Notification log shortcut will display on your homescreen.
- Thereafter, you can tap on it to check your notification history.
This hidden feature of your android smartphone will lock your smartphone into one app.
Screen pining useful when you want to let your family /friends to use your smartphone but don’t want them to access your private information or let them use your social media platforms.
To setup screen pining follow below steps:
- Open Settings, go to the Security menu and enable screen pinning.
- Once you’ve turned on the feature, launch the app your friend needs to use.
- Then open Overview by tapping the square navigation button below the phone screen.
- On the window for the most recently opened app, you should see a pin icon (it looks like a little thumbtack) in the lower right-hand corner.
- Tap the pin button to pin that app to the screen.
Get lost device back with google map:
There are instances when you put your smartphone on silent mode and accidentally keep it in your bag or a drawer. Now you have no idea where it is, and calling on your number from a friend’s phone will not work. In such cases, you can utilize the functionality of ‘Android device manager’. Besides, this can be used to locate, erase data and lock your Android device in case it is stolen.
To activate follow these steps:
- Open a browser and type ‘Find my phone’ through Android device manager.
- You will be asked to sign from your Google id (make sure it’s the same by which you have signed in on your Android smartphone).
- You will find three options, ring, lock and erase. Choose according to your requirement.
Limit calls and text:
Sometimes we all wanted to only a few contacts will call or send a message to us. And if you are willing to the same, then you just have to activate interruptions feature.
To do that follow the below steps:
- Go to ‘sound and notification’ in settings menu and scroll to ‘interruptions’.
- There you will find ‘calls/texts from’.
- Tap on to prioritize the list of contacts from which you want to get calls and text messages.
Safe notification when device locked:
With screen lock or app lock you can protect your device data from others. But what if they can read all your text messages, WhatsApp or facebook notifications when you are not around and when your smartphone is locked. In that case, you can protect your notification.
To activate follow below steps:
- Go to sound and notifications in the settings menu.
- Scroll to notifications and tap on ‘When the device is unlocked.’
- You can then choose to display or hide all or sensitive content in the notifications.
So, these are the 5 best hidden features of smartphones. Hope we shared useful information and you find at least a useful feature. If you any feature useful then lets us know by leaving it in a comment box and as well share your thought on this blog in the comment box.