No doubt that truecaller is one of the best app to detect callers identity and spam calls. Besides this, still majority of people have concern about it’s privacy. As it collects a lot of data in form of messages, contacts and even calls logs. Hence sometimes they want to delete their truecaller account. And if you also wants to deactivate your truecaller account? this is the article for you. To remove your number permanently from truecaller database, follow the steps mentioned in this article.
How to delete Truecaller Account?
To remove your number permanently from truecaller database, you have to first deactivate your account, after that you have to unlist your number from truecaller.
How To Deactivate Truecaller Account?
1. Open Truecaller app on your smartphone. And open Settings. In settings at bottom, you will find a open “Privacy Center”, tap on it.
2. When you tap on Privacy Center you will get an option of Deactivate. Just tap on it, Tap on yes for re-confirmation.
Note: Now your Truecaller account is deactivated, but other users can still search your number and can find information about you. Now you have to unlist your phone number from Truecaller’s database.
How to unlist mobile number from Truecaller?
If you don’t want your number to be searchable in the Truecaller app, then follow the below steps to unlist your truecaller number.
Open Truecaller’s unlisting page on your web browser. Once the page gets load, just select your country. After that enter your phone number with country code and validate the captcha. At last, click on “Unlist Phone Number” and you are done.
Note: It can take up to 24 Hours for number to get completely removed from truecaller database.
Unlisted a number but it’s still searchable?
If your number is still searchable on Truecaller after you deactivated & unlisted it can be of different reasons:
1. If you are a Truecaller user you need to first deactivate your account from the truecaller app.
2. Unlist number process may take up to 24 hours to remove your number from truecaller.
3. And last reason could be cached issue, profile could be locally saved on the device you are searching on. So just clear the cache memory of the device and search again.
So, this is the process to delete truecaller account. If the article helps you, Don’t forget too share with others so that they can also get information about this.