Hi there, Hope you and your family will be completely safe from corona virus pandemic. As the cases of corona virus are increasing day by day, the Indian government has stopped the counter train ticket booking. And only irctc online ticket booking is considered valid. However, this rule came into force from 12 May. But so far there are many people who do not know about it, as well don’t know how to book irctc tickets online?
Due to this, with the help of this article, today we are going to tell you “how to book train ticket online in lockdown“. So let’s see what steps you need to follow to book an online ticket.
We would like to thank one of our quora users. Who asked us this question on quora.
IRCTC Online Ticket Booking New Rules
Yes, apart from the rules for online ticket booking. Government of India has also implemented some new rules. Which you should know and follow.
From 12 May Not all trains have been started due to lockdown. Only some special trains have been introduced which will take the passengers to their place. These trains will run from Delhi. Currently, the trains will run from New Delhi station only to 15 destinations including Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah, Patna, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Secunderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madgaon, Mumbai Central, Ahmedabad and Jammu Tawi. Trains will also return from the destination.
Along with this, the Indian government has also implemented some new rules regarding the train journey which you should know.
IRCTC Lockdown Train Journey New Rules
- The first rule that the Government of India has issued is that before the train journey, In online train ticket form you have to fill address where you will stay after reaching your destination. So that you can be easily detected when needed.
- Railway counters are closed for tickets. Counter tickets will be arranged for people of certain categories like MP’s, freedom fighters. There will be a concession in tickets for patients, students and the disabled.
- In order to travel, the phone must have the Arogya Setu app, whose phone will not have this app, it will be downloaded from the station itself.
- Wearing a Mask is necessary for train journey.
- Tickets can be canceled up to 24 hours before the train starts, but 50 percent of the fare will be cut if the cancellation occurs.
- Advance reservation in trains will be for a maximum period of seven days.
- Lastly, Passengers will have to arrange their own towels and sheets. Only canned food and hand sanitizer will be provided in the train.
So, these are some rules that government has implemented for safe train journey. Hope you will follow these rules as well encourage others to follow these rules.
Let’s move ahead and see IRCTC Online Ticket Booking Steps
IRCTC Online Ticket Booking Steps
IRCTC train tickets can be done online only through the official website of IRCTC or its app. For this, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the app or official IRCTC website in your phone or computer: https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/.
- When the website or app gets open, you will have to login on the platform. If you are already registered on IRCTC, then login by entering your username and password. If you are new then first create your account on IRCTC.
- Then tap on the “Plan my journey” option and fill in the origin (the place where your train journey will start) and destination (the place you want to go), choose the date and tap on (search trains).
- After all, select trains> coach type> check availability> and finally fill the details of the passenger.
- After all this is done, pay the ticket fare online.
So these were the steps you should follow to book online train tickets in lockdown.
So this was how you can book train ticket online in lockdown and information related to train new rules. Hope this article help you to book irctc online ticket. If you like this article of ours, then do not forget to share it with others.