The world’s most popular messaging app, WhatsApp, has a lots of amazing features. And WhatsApp conference call is one of those amazing features. As per stats, WhatsApp users spends over 2 billion minutes on whatsapp calls everyday, which shows how useful and important this feature is for whatsapp users and for us. Therefore, here we created a complete guide of whatsapp conference call, so that you can get all the relevant information about this feature.
What is WhatsApp Conference Call?
With conference call in whatsapp you can talk with more than two peoples at same time, all you have to need is latest and updated whatsapp version. Perhaps you may have questions like what is the limit of participants in whatsapp conference? Can you Do Conference Call in both audio and video?
WhatsApp didn’t describe the conference call limit, but a maximum number of members can have a group call is 4. User/you can Do WhatsApp Conference Call in both audio and video.
One more thing, since it’s a common feature for both Android and iPhone, steps of conference call for both users remain the same.
How to Make a WhatsApp Audio Conference Call?
Follow listed steps to do WhatsApp audio conference call:
- Download the WhatsApp messenger from Playstore or Appstore, create your account with your mobile number, or if already have an account, then login with the number.
- Reopen the app so that your contact list is properly refreshed.
- Now search for the person and call it.
- Now once the person answer your call, you would see a plus sign popping up on the top right corner
- Press that icon and you would be greeted with an option to choose new contacts who can be added to the conference call.
That’s it, you have successfully place a whatsapp audio conference call. Wait, there is more about conference call in whatsapp, there is an option to do a conference video call?
Let’s take a look how you can do a whatsapp video conference call?
You May Also Like: How To Conference Call On Android?
How to Make a WhatsApp Video Conference Call?
Follow below steps to do your first whatsapp video conference call:
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Select the person whom you want to do video-call.
- Now once the person answer your call, you would see a plus sign popping up on the top right corner.
- Finally, this would open a fresh screen prompting you to choose the participants for a video call.
That’s it, you have successfully place a whatsapp video conference call. But wait, you can do conference call from groups.
You May Also Like: 9 Much Awaited WhatsApp Upcoming Features
How to do a conference call using groups?
Like above simple audio and video conference call you can do conference call using groups. For that you need to create a group.
Simple Steps to Create a Group:
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Now select more options by clicking the vertical ellipsis on the top right corner.
- After that, click on “New Group” to create a new group.
- Select the peoples you want to add to the group.
- Finally, Type the group name on the new screen and press the tick mark to create the group. Once the group has created, it’s time to do conference call using group.
Conference Call Using Group:
- Open the group you have created.
- Now press on the call icon on the top right corner of the app.
- Now Select the contact whom you want to call
- Maximum four participants can be selected at a time
- Finally, choose the audio or video conference call that you want to make to connect with your friends successfully
Note: If you have unsaved contacts in the group, then whatsapp call would not work. Therefore, you have to save every contact in the group before trying to make a whatsapp conference call.
Are WhatsApp Calls End-To-End Encrypted?
Yes WhatsApp Calls are end to end encrypted just like it’s whatsapp message. Which means no third person can listen or your record your calls. Only you and the person whom you are talking can decrypt the message and calls.
So, this is the complete guide about what is conference call in whatsapp? how you can do whatsapp audio conference call and whatsapp video conference call? Also, How you can do whatsapp conference call using groups. So, if you find this article useful, then don’t forget to share it with others.