WhatsApp Latest News: From February 2020 whatsapp will stop running on millions of smartphones. Also users are not able to create and verify new accounts on unsupported WhatsApp Smartphones. But, from which smartphones WhatsApp are going to withdraw support in February, 2020.
WhatsApp Will Stop Working In February 2020:
According to latest news from WABetaInfo and WhatsApp FAQ, WhatsApp will be no longer supported in all Windows Phone operating systems after December 31, 2019.
Other than this, Smartphones which running on Android 2.3.7 or older will not support WhatsApp from next year. Also whatsapp will stop working in iphone which has iOS 8 or older OS version.
So if you have one of this device, you can export your chat history as an email attachment.
To export chat history in Android Follow below steps:
- Open the chat for the individual or group.
- Tap More options.
- And Tap More.
- Tap Export chat.
- Choose whether to Include Media or not.
An email will be composed with your chat history attached as a .txt document.
OR in iOS
To export chat history in iOS Follow below steps:
- Verify that an iCloud backup exists in WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- If you can see when the last backup was performed, delete and reinstall WhatsApp from the App Store.
- After verifying your phone number, follow the prompts to restore your chat history.
And at last export chat in Windows Phone:
- Open the chat you wish to export.
- Tap on More > info or group info.
- Tap on More > email chat history.
Apart from chat export, if you have one of mentioned device and don’t want to export chats. You can use WhatsApp Alternatives to chat with your family and friends. As per WhatsApp FAQ, WhatsApp withdrawing support because they are no longer actively develop updates for these operating systems, as some features might stop functioning at any time.
So, this is the whole story about why whatsapp will stop working on some smarthpones in 2020! and What you can do if your device is mentioned in list!